Sapthaswara is an initiative by RVCF to encourage students and professionals of Indian music, both vocal and instrumental living in the NWA region. We aim to bring everyone who sings or plays in the community together, to provide a platform for people to perform traditional Indian music whether classical or folk. We hope you will use this opportunity to showcase your talent and network with others in the field. Individuals, groups, collaborations with non-Indian styles, all are welcome.
If you would like to attend our next Sapthaswara event, please register here.
If you would like to perform at our next showcase, please read all details below. The registration link will be activated 2 months before the date of performance.
Instructions and Rules:
1. Participants in this showcase need to be basic members of Ra-Ve Cultural Foundation. Please use the "Donation" button in the menu above to become a member. One membership will suffice for a whole year and for all members of the family. Please have your membership number ready before you click on the application link.
2. Applications for the events will close 2 weeks before the event date and are booked on a first-come-first-served basis.
3. Slots are available in 10 minute increments. The maximum a person can perform is 40 minutes per event. Your time slot reflects your ability. Start at a 10 minute if you are not very confident and build up as you grow as an artist.
4. We will provide a mridangist and violinist for accompaniment as needed. Please mention these requirements in your application.
5. Performances should be of Indian traditional music - classical, semi-classical, devotional, but NOT bollywood or pop music. You may also include small skits or theatrical performances in this event related to Indian music.
6. Adults and children may apply to perform.
7. Please have a list of your performances, names of participants and one main contact person before you start filling out the form.
8. Remember - Slots will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. We will also keep the overall integrity of the whole performance in mind and may reach out to you for minor changes if needed to avoid duplication of any sort.
10. All decisions of Ra-Ve Cultural Foundation Board are binding.
11. By agreeing to participate in this event, you are allowing us to take pictures and shoot videos of your performance that we will feature on our social media pages, website, and other promotional materials.
12. If you have everything ready, you may click on the next available date below to fill out the form! Good luck!