Sapthaswara is an initiative by RVCF to encourage students of Indian music, both vocal and instrumental. The aim is to create enthusiasm among students to perform and give them an opportunity to be a good audience because a performer improves only on the encouragement of an appreciative audience. Knowledge of both sides of the stage is important for a collective enjoyment of the art form.
Instructions and Rules:
1. Participants in this showcase need to be basic members of Ra-Ve Cultural Foundation. Please use the Donate menu option to become a member. One membership will suffice for the whole calendar year and for all members of the family. Please have your membership number ready before you click on the application link.
2. Applications for the events will close 2 weeks before the event
date. (February 3rd and August 18th respectively)
3. We will provide a mridangist and violinist for accompaniment as needed. Please mention these requirements in your application.
4. Performances should be of Indian traditional music - classical, semi-classical, devotional, but NOT bollywood or pop music. You may also include small skits or theatrical performances in this event related to Indian music.
5. Adults and children may apply to perform.
6. Please have a list of your performances, names of participants and one main contact person before you start filling out the form.
7. Slots will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. We will also keep the overall integrity of the whole performance in mind and may reach out to you for minor changes if needed to avoid duplication of any sort.
8. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
9. All decisions of Ra-Ve Cultural Foundation Board are binding.
10. By agreeing to participate in this event, you are allowing us to take pictures and shoot videos of your performance that we will feature on our social media pages, website, and other promotional materials.
11. If you have everything ready, you may click on the next available date below to fill out the form! Good luck!
February 16, 2019
December 15, 2019