Sunday, May 2, 2021 | 3pm - 5:30pm
Our Indian community dance showcase is here! Don't miss it. Click on the button below to secure your spot!
Meeting ID: 936 3286 7787
*REGISTRATION FOR PERFORMANCE IS CLOSED*
What is Sapthaswara?
Sapthaswara – this Sanskrit word is coined by combining Saptam (meaning 7 ) and Swara (Musical Notes) . This is an initiative by Ra-Ve to support and nurture our local talents from NWA, performing vocal and instrumental forms of indian music. A proud first stage for many great young talents.
Sapthaswara is an initiative to encourage and provide a platform to Vocal and Instrumental talents - Performing artists, Students and Teachers in our community. This stage will also be a great place to start collaborating with other local vocalists and instrumentalists. Any form of art is more meaningful when it is showcased. This is a great opportunity for parents to encourage their children to perform before they go national or international. We hope you will use this opportunity to showcase your talent and network with others in the field. Individuals, groups, collaborations with non-Indian styles, all are welcome. We love innovation and fresh ideas!
When and How to register?
The registration link will be activated 2 months before the date of performance. Click on the link displayed with the form detail at the bottom of this page.
Instructions and Rules:
1. Participants in this showcase need to be at least Bronze members of Ra-Ve Cultural Foundation. Please use the "Donation" button in the menu above to become a member. One membership will suffice for a whole year and for all members of the family. Please have your membership receipt ready before you click on the application link. Use the name on the Membership in the form as participant or Parent of Participant.
2. Applications for the events will close 2 weeks before the event date and are booked on a first-come-first-served basis.
3. Slots are available in 10 minute increments. The maximum a person can perform is 40 minutes per event. Your time slot reflects your ability. Start at 10 minutes if you are not very confident and build up as you grow as an artist.
4. We will provide a mridangist and violinist for accompaniment as needed. Please mention these requirements in your application.
5. Performances should be of Indian traditional music - classical, semi-classical, devotional, but NOT bollywood or pop music. You may also include small skits or theatrical performances in this event related to Indian music.
6. Adults and children may apply to perform.
7. Please have a list of your performances, names of participants and one main contact person before you start filling out the form.
8. Remember - Slots will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. We will also keep the overall integrity of the whole performance in mind and may reach out to you for minor changes if needed to avoid duplication of any sort.
9. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com
10. All decisions of the Ra-Ve Cultural Foundation Board are binding.
11. By agreeing to participate in this event, you are allowing us to take pictures and shoot videos of your performance that we will feature on our social media pages, website, and other promotional materials.
12. If you have everything ready, you may click on the next available date below to book your slot and fill out the form! Good luck!